Beautiful, fanciful, playful tablescapes to share with you... and delectable dishes to inspire...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Peach Story

When I was a little girl, our family would travel every other summer to see my grandmother in Atlanta.  She worked as a bookkeeper at the famous Atlanta Farmer's Market and one day, she brought home a bushel basket of fresh peaches.  The smell of those ripe peaches was quite enticing.  I ate one and it tasted so good that I ate another.  Soon I had eaten seventeen peaches in one sitting.  Needless to say, I had no appetite for the rest of the day and after that marathon peach-eating experience, I had no appetite for peaches for a long time.

Now peaches are coming into the grocery markets and I smell that wonderful, delicious smell.  Over the years, my love of peaches has returned and while out shopping last night, I bought a few.  Do you have a peach story or favorite peach recipe?

1 comment:

  1. We would buy a basket on the way home on vacation when we went through GA. The smell was so intense in the van. We had to start eating them at once as they seemed to spoil quickly. That could be because we wanted ripe and not green peaches!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Followers