Beautiful, fanciful, playful tablescapes to share with you... and delectable dishes to inspire...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Homemade Pizza for Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day Weekend, I made my homemade pizza - a recipe that I have perfected over the years.

First, I start with homemade pizza dough, spread it out in a pan that has been coated with Crisco and then corn meal.  Then I sprinkle the dough with powdered garlic, along the edges, then Parmesan cheese all over and lastly, I use the Italian Seasonings grinder and lay down a nice layer of Italian Seasonings.
 Next, I add cooked and seasoned very lean ground turkey (99% fat-free) and on top of that, sliced big, beefy tomatoes.  I sprinkle basil and oregano over all, and add a little salt and pepper.  Then just a little crushed, dried parsley on top of all the tomatoes.
 Then a layer of onions and fresh, sliced mushrooms.
 Now a layer of chopped green pepper.
A layer of chopped or sliced black olives over all is the last ingredient before the cheese.  All is topped off with finely shredded mozzarella cheese.  Then popped into the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  Keep an eye on it for the last ten minutes.
ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. I will be buying pizza for tomorrow and it will be pale compared to this in many ways. :-(
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Followers