Beautiful, fanciful, playful tablescapes to share with you... and delectable dishes to inspire...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HAPPY CINCO de MAYO

This post is several days over-due; however, Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the celebrations and the food.  Here is my recipe for 
                                       Bean Enchiladas.

Start with a fresh flour tortilla.

Add warm refried beans to the right side of the tortilla.  I always use the non-fat kind that come in a can.








 Next, add some chopped white onions.








 On top of the onions, add your favorite salsa or picante sauce.









Add some shredded cheddar cheese - whatever amount suits you.  I use the reduced fat type.
Next, I add a few teaspoons of reduced-fat sour cream.
Roll up the filled tortillas and place seam-side down in a dish that has about one cup of enchilada sauce poured evenly over the bottom.
Cover the enchiladas completely with your favorite enchilada sauce.  I make my sauce with a packaged mix.  You can also find enchilada sauce in a can.
For a final touch, cover with more shredded cheddar cheese.  And if you like onions as much as I do, add a few more chopped onions.









Place in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes till everything is heated through and the cheese is bubbly.









Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Followers