Beautiful, fanciful, playful tablescapes to share with you... and delectable dishes to inspire...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sterling Silver Tea

A friend of mine gave me a mystery book to read and at the back were some suggestions for teas.  I was intrigued by the one called "Sterling Silver Tea" and I set the table for some tea with friends.  All who attended adored it.


I learned to fold this intricate rose napkin from the house manager at our rented villa in Manzanillo, Mexico.  Every meal, he had a new napkin fold for the table place setting and the delicious meal to follow.


Everything silver for the Sterling Silver Tea, incluing twigs I spray painted silver and tied with an ethereal bow.  The silver bread dish beside it was a gift to me in 1967.  Still elegant.



The beautiful buffet with silver treasures from long ago, draped with a damask table cloth.  All old treasures that you rarely see today in our busy world, too busy to iron and polish old silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers