Beautiful, fanciful, playful tablescapes to share with you... and delectable dishes to inspire...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Treat Yourself to a Playful Table Setting

 The colors in this table setting really speak to me.  They make me feel happy.  Each item is chosen with care and the hope you will enjoy all the little dishes and the plaid placemats and napkins as much as I do.

Cute flatware!
 These little tulip trays are some of my favorite things.  Very painterly.
 This creamer and sugar bowl set are so playful and fanciful.  Life is just a bowl of cherries!  So, live, love, laugh, and have a good time!
I think this beautifully crafted covered jam bowl is called a fig bowl.  Made in Japan, where many fabulous and wonderfully made dishes, bowls, etc. are made.  I looked at it time and time again, on each excursion to a particular store, considering if I would splurge on such an unnecessary luxury.  And I have never regretted buying it.

The adorable little cassoulet was made by the Hall China Company a long time ago -- perhaps in the early 40s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers